What is TranslatorX?
TranslatorX is a troubleshooting tool that allows you to quickly parse through Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Cisco Unified Border Element trace files and search for Q.931, H.225, SCCP (Skinny), MGCP, or SIP messages. TranslatorX supports searching through large numbers of trace files and provides advanced filtering capabilities to help you find the calls you are interested in. You can generate sophisticated message filters. These filters can be created automatically for you based on call detail record information as well.
TranslatorX is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, and Linux.
The following is a list of the features of TranslatorX
- Reads CCM/SDI or SDL Trace files from Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Reads SIP debugs from Cisco Unified Border Element (debug ccsip messages)
- Finds and decodes SCCP (Skinny), H.323 (H.225 and H.245), ISDN Q.931, MGCP, and SIP messages
- Generates a call list based on Call Detail Record information contained in the trace
- Decodes Call Detail Record Fields
- Advanced Filtering Capabilities
- Automatic Filter generation based on calls from the Call List
- Message Sequence Diagram Generation
- Ability to traverse a hierarchy of folders automatically
- Automatic sorting of messages based on timestamp (in the case of opening multiple files)
- Automatic exclusion of repetitive messages (SCCP Keepalives, SIP OPTIONS, and MGCP Keepalives)
- Automatic correlation of H.245 and H.225 messages
- Can read plain .txt files as well as compressed .gz files automatically